ERIGrid Transnational Access:
Apply for Free Access to Europe’s Leading Smart Grid Research Infrastructure
Applications Deadline: 15 June, 2017
If you are looking for sophisticated smart grid infrastructure with top know-how and innovative installations for conducting your own experimental research, then ERIGrid offers an invaluable opportunity for you.
Starting from 15 March, 2017, and up until 15 June, 2017, the ERIGrid project welcomes applications for its second call for transnational access.
Users from research, academia and industry are invited to apply for free access to top European smart grids research laboratories of ERIGrid partners.
Successful applicants gain free access to ERIGrid testing and simulation facilities, backed by concentrated know-how and best practices in the field of smart grid systems and Distributed Energy Resources (DER), for example:
- Power system components characterisation and evaluation
- Smart grid ICT / Automation validation
- Real-time simulation and Power/Controller Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) and others.
You can apply for the current call for researchers exchange as an individual researcher or together with colleagues as a User Group (UG).
Candidates must fulfil the following requirements:
- Be employed by organisations located in the European Union or associated European states. Limited access is also provided to applicants from non-EU countries and other developing countries (please read the guidelines for more information)
- The UG leader and the majority of the UG must work in a country other than the one where the requested infrastructure is located
- Must be able to publicly report about the conducted user project
The starting time and length of the user projects are flexible. The duration of the stay at the research infrastructure is normally limited to 3 months. The expenses, including travel and accommodation, will be reimbursed, subject to ERIGrid rules and regulations.
Application and Evaluation Criteria
To apply, please make yourself familiar with the ERIGrid Transnational Access Procedure and Rules and the user project proposal template. You can submit your project proposals to email@example.com.
Below you can find detailed specifications of the available laboratories: in your project proposal you have the option to choose your preferred laboratories at which to conduct your experimental research.
- Scientific and technical relevance, originality and innovation
- Prospect of knowledge-enhancement at research infrastructures
- Compliance with European RTD policies and priorities; prospect of social impact and impact on EU industry
- General quality of the proposal: completeness and organisation of the proposal, clear definition of the objectives and expected results, relevance of the proposed dissemination actions, justified amount of requested access; preferable involvement of young researchers and female researchers
The entire evaluation process is expected to be completed one month after the submission deadline.
Material on the ERIGrid Transnational Access:
ERIGrid Transnational Access Procedure and Rules
User Project Proposal Template
Template Declaration of Expenses
Flyer ERIGrid Transnational Accesss
Press Release on ERIGrid First Transnational Access